Monday, September 22, 2008

Parents Say No to NS Stint After Son’s Death

Lim Geok Kim and his wife Meng Yeok are still mourning the loss of their son Ricky who died after completing his three-month national service stint recently. The SMK Catholic High student did not complain of any illness or pain prior to his death but he did complain about the camp’s hygiene and yellowish water supply. In my own view it is really hard to accept the death of their son after taking a good care of him , all of the sudden everything is changing after completing national service that lead to his death. We are not blaming the authorities but sometimes they should be blamed for such problems. If I am one of the parents, I would not take anymore risk by leaving my daughter entering the national service. It is true that national service has many advantages, but we must remember that everything has positive and negative consequences, therefore, I want to urge the government to review and monitor the effectiveness of the programme. Besides, improve cleanliness,food supply and many more thing that related to human so that all civillians will satisfy with the programme. If this programme is conducted properly I am sure that we can prevent the problems from occuring redundently.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/22/nation/2086883&sec=nation

No comments: